POSTED ON: 25th of January 2022
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
This is an entry-level opportunity for someone who would like to gain experience within an arts organisation. The purpose of the role is to become familiar with the art collection, and to work with the rest of the team to increase opportunities for the public to engage with it. You will also support the administrative aspects of the charity, such as co-ordinating on-line sales, helping with events and co-ordinating weekly classes.
You will join us four days a week, across a six-month period, working closely with the Finance and Operations Manager and the Executive Director to undertake the following tasks:
• Research the art collection and develop a strong, working knowledge of it
• Undertake, with support, an audit of the collection
• Research stories from the collection, and with support, communicate these stories through social media and printed materials
• Contribute to innovative ways of providing interpretation for the collection
• With support, develop, manage and update content for the website
• Co-ordinate on-line sales
• Support events
• Co-ordinate weekly classes
• Deal with telephone and email enquiries
• Order art materials and office supplies
• An eye for detail
• An interest in visual art
• Enthusiasm and energy
• Someone who is able to work from the office in Edinburgh [in-line with COVID restrictions]
• Someone who is comfortable working in a small team
• Someone who supports our organisational vision of ‘Art for every healthcare setting in Scotland’
• Willingness to get involved, and try new things
To be discussed and agreed
£9.90 (Real Living Wage)
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
We will ensure that we provide transferable skills. We will also support the individual to participate in relevant networks and to get a broad introduction into the wider context of the arts world in which we work.
The Kickstarter will also receive 121 support from Museums Galleries Scotland in the form of an Employment Advisor to support their journey. The employment adviser will work meet with the trainee once a month and work on CV and interview skills and will assist with job searching.